Latest News from the MRC
The MRC goes Large
The MRC has just completed one of the largest layouts it has ever built, the "Django Express", for The Goldrush - a pop-up restaurant in the heart of Vauxhall.
The 75' / 25m long G scale railway runs the length of the venue, with a US 'pioneer' loco running up and down all night, creating sound and visual atmosphere for Wild West themed dining experience.
Library Additions - June 2016
Our library has one of the widest and largest ranges of books for railway modellers - covering prototype railways and modelling. The following books have recently been added.
The library is open for browsing on Thursday evenings from 7-9pm (unless there is a lecture), and on our monthly open afternoons. Check out the calendar for details. Members can borrow most books to read and work from at home.
"Blacklade" in Hornby Magazine
MRC member Stephen Siddle's OO gauge layout "Blacklade" is featured in the June 2016 edition of Hornby Magazine - which is on sale now.
You can get a taster for the layout on our Blog, but there is more about it including some lovely pictures in the magzine.
The May/June 2016 edition of The Bulletin is on its way to members, featuring a range of interesting articles all written by members, including:
- Martin Long reporting on our former O-gauge layout "Happisburgh" which he bought and now has permanently installed in his garage.
- Meanwhile there's an update on "Happisburgh Goods", the 'end' of the old layout that is still going string and regulalrly at exhibitions.
- Andrew David previews "Aylesbury LNWR", one of the first EM gauge layouts, whichw as origianlly built by Geoff Williams in the 1970s, but has been rejuvinated and is exhbitied at RAILEX at the end of May
- John Jesson describes German Class 50 2-10-0 locos, of which 3,164 were made.
- And some updates from around the MRC, including news of Young MRC and Skills Transfer Days.
The Bulletin is a bi-monthly publication sent to all members of The Club - new members are weclome.