Latest News from the MRC
The July/August 2016 edition of The Bulletin is on its way to members, featuring a range of interesting articles all written by members, including:
- Mark Brown writes about the company "Simply Southern", who as the name suggest produce Southerm wagons in OO and N gauges
- An archive item on the last day of the Brill Branch, by the late Alan Cruickshank
- There are five book reviews
- A retospective of the May Open House
- And updates from around the MRC, including news of Young MRC and Skills Transfer Days.
The Bulletin is a bi-monthly publication sent to all members of The Club - new members are welcome.
Library Additions - May 2016
Our library has one of the widest and largest ranges of books of books for railway modellers - covering prototype railways and modelling. The following books have recently been added.
The library is open for browsing on Thursday evenings from 7-9pm (unless there is a lecture), and on our monthly open afternoons. Check out the calendar for details. Members can borrow most books to read and work from at home.
The March/April 2016 edition of The Bulletin is on its way to members, featuring a range of interesting articles all written by members, including:
- Martin Long on a visit to "The Buckingham Branch". Built by the late MRC member Rev Peter Denny, the layout is in a new home in Yorkshire.
- Dave Coasby casts his eye over some value for money, ready to run O gauge locos - a good entry point into the 'senior' scale.
- Following on from our display of Deltic locomotives in a range of scales at the recent London Model Engineering Exhibition, David Cross recalls his time driving the real thing from King's Cross.....and Paddington.
- An update on progress on our new OO gauge layout - based on Ingatestone in 2014/5. You can see their progress at the London Festival of Railway Modelling in March.
The Bulletin is a bi-monthly publication sent to all members of The Club - new members are weclome.